Toy Library stay and play sessions are now open again!
But advance booking is required.
We’re also still offering free home delivery of borrowed toys to members
if they can’t attend stay and play sessions.
About the Toy Library
The Toy Library runs as a lending service where members can borrow toys and play resources. It also offers weekly stay and play sessions where families can meet and access family support, and their children can play together. The service supports families with pre-school age children but older children who are home schooled are also welcome at sessions, and we have resources for older children which can be borrowed as well. The Toy Library is open to all. See below for information about becoming a member.
Toy Library stay and play sessions
Our stay and play sessions run on Thursdays at Vallis First School in the community room. We’re currently running bookable sessions between 9.30am and 12noon. Please contact Sarah on 07960 565939 to book a place. Sessions cost £1 per child (suggested donation). There are several Covid safe measures in place at the moment – please remember to bring your mask! During school holidays we run sessions together with our Small Steps service from 10am to 12pm.
Toy Library membership
Membership of the Toy Library allows you to borrow toys and other play resources and costs £20 per family per year or £10 for families on benefits. To become a member please complete the form below and make your payment. To borrow toys please look through the photos of our play sacks and other toys, make your choice then contact Sarah on 07960 565939 to borrow toys. You can collect and return toys at our stay and play sessions and during Covid we’re offering free delivery – we can stop for a doorstep chat if you need parenting support!
To join the Toy Library complete the form below.
Storing the information in the form below.
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely, will not be shared with others and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
If you are buying Membership as a gift for someone else please provide us at the end of this form, with information about you (the gift-giver) and the date until which you wish us to keep the Membership-gift a surprise!
Frome Toy Library Membership Form
Toy Library Terms and Conditions
We collect this information in order to monitor memberships and will contact you when your membership is about to expire. We will use your information for running the membership and for data analysis. Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Personal information will be kept securely and will be destroyed after your membership has expired.
Please tick the box in the form to give consent for us to store your details as outlined above
- There is a joining fee of £20 per family per year (£10 for families on benefits)
- Toys may be borrowed by any person who has completed a membership form.
- Toys need to be returned by the date shown in the register, in a clean and undamaged state.
- Any lost or damaged toys must be replaced.
- The Toy Library accepts no liability for loss, damage or injuries resulting in death, however caused, from the use of the library and its equipment.
- The Toy Library reserves the right to terminate a Membership.
- On becoming a Member parents and carers are agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of the Toy Library.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to look carefully at the toys before choosing them to make sure that they are appropriate for the age and circumstances of the child.
Health and Safety
- Please ensure that you supervise your children while selecting toys as they are your responsibility.
- Toys that have small parts or are for water use need to be used under adult supervision at all times.
- Toy Library staff will check toys for broken parts and remove those not fit for purpose.
- Parents/carers must remove any unsafe packaging before allowing their child to use a toy.
- Toys will be cleaned regularly with suitable cleaning materials.
- Toys must be stored safely at home eg. toys with small parts kept out of reach of very young children, heavy toys stored safely.
- We will strive to respond to the individual ethnicity, gender, disability and religious needs of our Members.
- Members will receive equal access to all equipment available regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or ability. All Members will receive the same time for choosing toys and appropriate advice on which toy to borrow.
- Staff will endeavour to ensure that resources reflect changing needs.
- When becoming a Member of the Toy Library, Members agree to abide by the Equal Opportunities policy (available to read in Toy Library sessions). Incidents of racism, prejudice or discrimination may result in termination of Membership.