Toy Library with drop-in Stay and Play sessions!
About the Toy Library
The Toy Library runs as a lending service where members can borrow toys and play resources.
It also offers weekly stay and play sessions where families can meet and access family support, and their children can play together. The service supports families with pre-school age children but older children who are home schooled are also welcome at sessions, and we have resources for older children which can be borrowed as well. The Toy Library is open to all. See below for information about how to borrow our Play Sacks
Toy Library Stay-and-Play sessions
Stay and Play sessions are held at/on:
- Thursdays at: Vallis First School community room
Term Time Sessions: from 9.30am – 12noon
(Holiday/half-term: from 10.00am – 12noon)*
- Wednesdays at: Frome Library (Justice Lane)
Term Time Sessions: 1.00pm – 3.00pm
(Holiday/half-term: 1.00pm – 3.00pm)*
* Stay-and-Play sessions will take a break at Christmas. There will be no sessions on 20, 21, 27 or 28 December.
We will be back, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Wednesday 3rd January
– All sessions are Drop-in, booking NOT required
Stay-and-Play sessions cost £1 per child (suggested donation).
Toy Library membership
The Toy Library lending service is currently paused while the Play Sacks are being moved to a new location with much greater, easier and simpler lending options.
Borrowing will be available again by the end of 2023.
Watch this space!
Our twice weekly Stay-and-Play sessions remain openTo see just a selection of our toys, click here
Toy Library Terms and Conditions
We collect a small amount of information at the Toy Library Stay-and-Play sessions, in order to monitor memberships and the value of our services. We will only use your information for running the membership and for data analysis.
Toy Library Mailing List Sign Up
Our mailing list will be used to contact you about Toy Library updates and events. Any personal information will be kept securely and destroyed when you no longer use the service.
- We will strive to respond to the individual ethnicity, gender, disability and religious needs of our Members.
- Members will receive equal access to all equipment available regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability or ability. All Members will receive the same time for choosing toys and appropriate advice on which toy to borrow.
- Staff will endeavour to ensure that resources reflect changing needs.
- When becoming a Member of the Toy Library, Members agree to abide by the Equal Opportunities policy (available to read in Toy Library sessions). Incidents of racism, prejudice or discrimination may result in termination of Membership.